I am currently a DPhil student at the Quantum Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford.
My current fields of interest are:
- String diagrams, which are graphical representations of processes. I am interested in theoretical questions about them (can we detect if diagrams are isotopic? can we discover new classes of diagrams?) and also I have practical projects (developing renderers for them, applying them to OpenRefine);
- Online record linkage. I am involved in the W3C Entity Reconciliation Community Group, where we work on a standard for record linkage on the web;
- Natural language processing and machine learning. For instance I developed a lightweight entity linking tool for Wikidata, OpenTapioca.
Having submitted my DPhil thesis recently, I am looking for postdoc opportunities in those fields.
- Open access advocacy, encouraging researchers to make their articles freely available. I co-founded the CAPSH association which runs projects in this area;
- Peer reviewing, only for open access publications since I signed the No free view? No review! pledge. I would be happy to review for more venues.